As I write this, the economy has been going down the tubes. Five times more acupuncturists like you have been buying my book on new patients – this means you’re not the only one who is worried about their clinic.
Almost everyone has seen a drop in appointments. Not all.
Let me introduce myself and let you know what’s available to help you get busy again. I’m Burton Kent, and I wrote Never Market Again and the companion book “The Faucet”. Never Market Again is all about how to avoid selling, marketing and advertising as much as possible. Instead, you can focus on your existing patients and get more referrals and more repeat visits.
Basically, you’ll be turning patients into your own personal sales force of raving fans, and they’ll appreciate you a lot more because of it. It’s inexpensive, easy, and is actually a lot of fun. I’m sure that sounds like a big claim, so just read the success stories and testimonials page, because it’s for real.
It’s entirely possible to more than double your practice in a year (more like 6-8 months), and more than triple how often people refer. I hope you do this so you can send me your success story. I look forward to that day.
And, because I want you to start getting more patients today, I’ve done two things:
- Reduced the price of the books by $10. (I also got rid of the VAT for European Union readers.)
- Extended the guarantee on the book for one year. Go ahead and buy the book. If for some reason it doesn’t pay for itself, if it doesn’t help you get at least one new patient in a year, just email me for a prompt, courteous refund. If the book isn’t a huge help to your practice – I don’t want your money.
You can read more
However, my book covers what to do with existing and new patients to make them loyal, make them refer, and have them return for other conditions. What if you don’t have many patients at all? You’ll probably want to read my friendly competitor (and friend) Kevin Doherty’s Build Your Dream Practice. Kevin’s methods take more work, but are well worth the time.
I explain the difference between my approach and Kevin’s in Acupuncture Marketing Systems. Also, I actually recommend several of my competitors, simply because I believe they can help you get more patients. It’s up to you to decide what would work best for you, but I strongly recommend reading the Acupuncture Marketing Systems article to get some guidance.
You’ll also probably want to sign up for my weekly newsletter. I’ll send you links to articles and resources on how to get more patients. Recently, I was even lucky enough to find a free book for you.
Last, if you don’t have a website, I guarantee you’re missing out on patients. Most people with a website get between 2 and 5 new patients a month from it. Unfortunately, most websites:
- Have huge upfront costs. Think hundreds or thousands of dollars for starters.
- Are nearly impossible to change, let alone keep updated. What if you change your office hours or go on vacation? What if you want to add a testimonial or offer a new kind of treatment or ?
- Take a lot of work and time to get started. Think a month of lead time, emailing back and forth with a designer about every detail. And you have to write everything yourself.
Bonnie Koenig, L.Ac. and I have come up with a website service that gives you all of the features and none of the hassles.
- The cost is less than half your monthly phone bill. We did some calculations and just 2 patients – the number of patients you’ll probably get one one month – will pay for the site for a whole year. This means the rest of the year your site will give you free, profitable patients.
- You can have your website in 24 hours, usually less. We use pre-written pages that are filled in with your clinic’s information, FAQ, conditions treated, etc. So your site can be ready within hours.
- Is almost as easy to change as sending an email. You can use the pre-written pages as a starting point, but we want your website to reflect you and your treatment philosophy. It’s incredibly easy to make the changes through the online interface.
You can investigate our website service here.
So to recap, here’s what I suggest to start getting more patients and have a busy practice:
- Buy my book, but remember the year-long guarantee. It must help you or I want to give you a refund.
- Read Acupuncture Marketing Systems and consider getting Build Your Dream Practice and/or working with one of my competitors.
- Consider getting a website.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
If you’re like many acupuncturists, you’ve never really had reliable ways of getting new patients. This could be your best year yet.